Hope y'all are having a great Friday!
This was a great week for Operand - we shipped a major feature that users have been asking for (weather), and built up a bunch of tooling which accelerated our progress moving forward. We're really proud of how we built weather, we built it our way, and innovated in almost every way for such a simple feature. Here are the docs for the new weather feature:
Also, wanted to say thank you to the people who tried out weather on launch day, we processed hundreds of incoming messages that day, our most ever.
- We fetch multiple forecasts simultaneously, and reference the most accurate one for the specific time you ask about. This makes us more accurate than most weather apps.
- Specific weather reports, in any location, up to 7 days in advance.
- Generic Q&A functionality:
- UV Index
- Snow / Rain
- Precipitation Probability
- Sunrise / Sunset
- Uses Fahrenheit if you are located in the US.
- Update Location Functionality
- Allows users to update their location within iMessage by clicking the 'Send My Current Location Button'.
- Also allows manual location entry, for example, 'update my location to San Francisco'.
- We can use this location for your timezone too!
- New Personality for Operand - much more sarcastic!
Bug Fixes / Improvements:
- Improved matching logic for various functionality.
- Fixed a bug with the content filter where it would get in a loop.
- Added informational messages throughout guiding users through friction points.